Cheshire Cat Narrowboats Ltd / M&L Canal Services
Mobile Marine Engineering
For all your Narrowboat servicing and repairs.
Emergency call out – Telephone Mark on 07970 384047
Practical advice and help for first-time boat owners.
We are based in Nantwich, Cheshire. Our breakdown and repair service covers the Shropshire Union Canal north of Goldstone Wharf, the Llangollen and Montgomery Canals, the Trent and Mersey Canal north of Harecastle Tunnel, the River Weaver, the Bridgewater Canal, and the Macclesfield canal. Other areas by arrangement – please enquire (mileage charges may apply)
- We can service and repair most makes of diesel engine commonly installed in narrowboats.
- Remedial work for Boat Safety Scheme certification.
- Outboard engines also catered for.
- Repairs to starter motors, alternators, injectors, gearboxes.
- Electrical problems; rewiring; inverters, battery chargers and battery management systems installed.
- Batteries tested. We can supply good quality new batteries at competitive prices.
- Bilge and engine room cleaning, stern glands repacked, engine mounts, drive plates and shafts replaced.
- Eberspacher, Webasto, Mikuni, and Kubola heaters serviced and repaired. Replacements for Paloma heaters fitted.
- Water and shower pumps replaced, plumbing repairs and alterations.
- All work guaranteed, we carry full liability insurance.
- Labour is charged at £25 per hour plus VAT (£30)
- Gas work is charged at £30 per hour + VAT (£36)
- Emergency call-out charged at £40 + VAT (£48) includes first hours labour.
- Cost of parts will be advised before work commences
- Boat Safety Examinations £150 incl VAT and travelling, online certification and free re-examination within 30 days.
- Prices include VAT at 20%