Cheshire Cat Day Boat
PRICES FOR ALL-DAY HIRE FROM ONLY £115
Don’t miss the boat – book your day out now!
Please check on the calendar below that your date is available before completing the Booking Form.
To secure your booking, payment must be made within 48 hours – A £100 refundable security and damage deposit is required in cash, on arrival.
- ˃ All-day hire – 9am to 5pm is £115 for weekdays.
- ˃ All-day hire – 9am to 5pm is £135 for weekends and Bank Holidays.
- ˃ Extended day – extra hours by prior arrangement £20 per hour
- ˃ To secure your chosen date, payment must be received within 48 hours of booking.
- ˃ Please note prices include boat’s fuel and car parking.
- ˃ To secure your booking, payment must be made within 48 hours.
- ˃ A £100 refundable security and damage deposit is required in cash, on arrival.
Looking for a day out with a difference? Step aboard Holly Day and explore the Cheshire countryside from a new perspective.
Holly Day is a purpose-built 31 ft narrowboat, equipped for up to 10 people (8 adults max). She has fully covered accommodation, with roll-down clear covers, so you can enjoy the scenery whatever the weather. Please note the steering position is outside. Holly has a spacious galley with hot and cold running water, two ring gas hob, grill and oven, an electric coolbox, and a full complement of tableware. The toilet compartment consists of a toilet and washbasin, again with hot and cold running water. Towel, tea-towel, soap, toilet rolls and washing up liquid are provided. Lifejackets are provided for children up to 12, and for anybody else requiring one.
Steering the boat takes a little practice, but is not difficult to master. She steers with a tiller, and has a simple combined gear/throttle lever. You will be shown how to handle the boat, and we will accompany you a short way up the canal while you get the hang of it.
Please note your day out will start and end at Overwater Marina, Audlem, Cheshire CW5 8AY.
From our base at Overwater Marina, you head towards Nantwich, passing through the two locks at Hack Green. Windlasses are provided for you to work the locks. Please read our guide to locking. There is a pleasant picnic and barbecue area at Coole Pilate, should you prefer not to negotiate the locks., You can moor up, organise a barbecue, and spend the day watching the world go by.
Cruising on towards Nantwich, you pass through open countryside with far-reaching views across the Cheshire plain to Macclesfield, Mow Cop and the Staffordshire moorlands. Look out for Kingfishers on this stretch! On reaching Nantwich, you can moor up and explore the town, or visit the waterside café and gift shop in Nantwich basin. You can turn the boat at the end of Nantwich basin, or in any wide part of the canal.
Pickup time is 9am, or earlier by prior arrangement, return by 5pm or dusk if earlier. Extended day – extra hours by prior arrangement £20 per hour.
Need a Skipper?
If you would prefer your party to be skippered, we may be able to provide a skipper at a charge of £100, subject to availability. Please ask at time of booking. Remember, the skipper counts as one of your party, so the maximum number of guests on a skippered outing is 9 (7 adults max).
The House Rules
- The maximum number of persons on board is 10 (8 adults max), including children and infants, and must not be exceeded at any time.
- The steerer must remain sober at all times, it is an arrestable offence to be drunk in charge of a narrowboat.
- Pets are accepted on board, but bear in mind space is limited on this boat.
- Late return will be charged at the extended day rate and deducted from your deposit (£20 per hour or part thereof).
- Sorry, we do not accept stag or hen parties and ABSOLUTELY NO BOOZE CRUISES.
- Any incidence of unruly or unsociable behaviour may result in you being asked to leave the boat, and your deposit will be forfeit.
- In cases of severe weather, or other circumstances beyond our control, such as canal closures, storm force winds, thick fog or canal iced over, it may be necessary to cancel your outing, a new date will be offered, or a voucher valid for 18 months.
Please note that day boat bookings are non refundable, but bookings are transferable to a later date within 18 months, or may be exchanged for a voucher valid for 18 months from original booking. At least 21 days notice is required in writing.